- Xander: MOMMY, THAT BOY NEEDS A TIME-OUT.
- Me: It's ok, Xander.
- Xander: THAT BOY NEEDS A TIME-OUT FOR HITTING THAT GIRL.
- Me: Don't worry about it, Xander.
- Xander: THAT BABY IS LOUD AND ANGRY.
- Me: Xander, you need to use your inside voice.
- Xander: (yelling whisper)THAT BABY IS LOUD AND ANGRY.
- Me: Xander, what kind of car do you like?
- Xander: I'M GOING TO DRIVE A TOYOTA TUNDRA WHEN I GROW UP. CAN I DRIVE A TOYOTA TUNDRA WHEN I GROW UP?
- Me: Sure.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
What do I love about Xander
This weeks Special Needs Blog Hop question: What do I love best about Xander? Hmmm...I don't know that I have a favorite. His sweetness and smile are definitely up there. I guess one of my favorite things about him is his absolute honesty. What you see is what you get. When he laughs, he is happy; when he cries, he is sad or hurt; when he yells, he is angry. I never have to guess; it's always there in his face or actions. His lack of filter is also one of the things I dislike. It can be a double-edged sword. Here's an example of an average outing:
Scenario: We are at the mall. A woman with three children is trying to navigate the crowds while keeping her kids under control. A daunting task at the best of times. The oldest two are arguing and the baby is screaming at the top of his/her lungs. I completely sympathize. In steps Xander:
For info on joining the Special Needs Hop, click the image below.