4lbs figs, washed
3 cups sugar
1/2 cup bottled lemon juice
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut stems from figs and chopped roughly and put in a large non-reactive stockpot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour or until jam stage is acheived, stirring occasionally.
- Using an immersion blender, puree to desired consistency. (I like mine very smooth)
- Pour into prepared 1/2 pint or 1/4 pint jars, leaving at least a 1/4 inch headroom and wiping rims.
- Put on lids and rings and prrocess in boiling water canner for 10 minutes.
- Remove carefully, allow to sit at least 12 hours undisturbed. After 12 hours check seal.
Makes 7-8 half pint jars.