Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pray for Tina

Tina Nealon Ilapit is a mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend and my cousin. She has been with the love of her life, Bruce, since she was 13. They celebrate their 20th anniversary this year. She has 2 beautiful children, Quinn, who will be 11 in a few days and Laina, who is 9. She is beautiful, generous and a joy to be around.

She is fighting for her life.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was 24 and again at 31. The first time took a lump, the second time took both her breasts. The threat of cancer returning took her ovaries and uterus. In May of this year, it took a good chunk of her liver when she was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer. She is 39. Cancer has been stealing pieces of her for the last 15 years. She has suffered through all of this with dignity and grace. Her thoughts are for her family and friends.

Here is my request to you:
Pray for Tina

Pray for her family, pray for her friends. It doesn't matter if you're religious or not, good thoughts go a long way for healing. You might not know her, but she could be your mother, your sister, your daughter, your wife, your cousin. She is in the hospital right now fighting and needs all the positive energy she can get. Her body may be frail, but her will is strong. She is amazing and I love her.

Update 2/19/11:
Tina passed away yesterday evening surrounded by her family. Thank you for all the well wishes.

11 comments:

  1. Tina, I think of you every single day. I will pray for you everyday until you are healthy. My family loves you and all of the light you bring to this world. Hold on. Everyone loves you. You will beat this.
    The Summers Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, we love you and know you will beat this. There is not a day that my family does not say a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I hope Tina is still fighting. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It puts everything in perspective doesn't it? Hope Tina is now doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope she is doing better now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping the intervening months have brought positive news. ((()))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope she is doing well now. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tina is a blessing to everyone who crosses her path. She is a fighter, strong willed, and above all an inspiration. She has give so much to me throughout my entire life. I pray every single day for a cure, for a miracle, for a simple blessing. She will not give up on her hard fight- the two things she does have is a caring, strong support system and a desire to live.


    I love you so very much! You mean the absolute world to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so very sorry for your loss. Please know that we are praying for the whole family.

    Peter and Sarah Gallagher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just recently found out about Tina's passing on Saturday when I took my daughter to get her hair trimmed. I had Tina on my mind, off and on, for several weeks...wondering how she was. I was saddened to learn that she had passed away. She was my hair stylist for a few years, and such a joy to know. Her thoughtfulness to me and my family and her genuine kindness will always be remembered.
    My thoughts and prayers are with your entire family. One verse that I clung to when I lost my sister at the age of 22, was "The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18. I am praying He will comfort your entire family as He has done for mine.
    Tina has been an inspiration to me, and always will be.
    Sincerest sympathy.
    Tammi

    ReplyDelete